Emily Smith is a sports podiatrist with 14 years of experience and will be consulting from St Vincent’s SportsMed at Suite 502 every Thursday from 16th May 2019.
Emily has experience in all types of lower limb injuries related to an active lifestyle. She has a special interest in heel pain (including plantar fasciitis), Achilles tendinopathy, shin pain, fashionable footwear and running injuries. Emily has a contemporary approach to podiatric assessment and management and believes the key to resolving injuries includes a progressive management plan consisting of unloading of the tissue, activation and strengthening of the weak muscle groups, and improvement of function with footwear and orthotics. Emily currently works with the NSW Swifts and NSWIS athletes and has previously consulted with the Australian Wallabies 2011 World Cup Squad.
- Comprehensive lower limb assessment including sports specific analysis
- Management of pain and injuries of the foot and lower limb (including bunions)
- Running technique modification and progression
- 3D foot scan for prescription of technologically-advanced customised orthotics
- Footwear assessment and advice (fashion, school, casual, work and sports specific shoes)
- Strapping, footwear modification, blister prevention
- Off-the-shelf orthotics for fashionable flats and high heels
Degree / Qualifications
- Bach Applied Science (Podiatry) (2005)
Membership of Professional Associations
- Australian Podiatry Association
- Sports Medicine Association
- Australian Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine